Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Heat






I went to "The Heat" with very minimal expectations.  I'm not a Sandra Bullock fan.  But I do like Melissa McCarthy and so with that I rolled the dice.  

It ended up being one of the funnier movies I've seen in a while.

"The Heat" has a real "Bridesmaids" feel to it.  McCarthy delivers most of the snappy dialogue as she plays the bad cop to Bullock's good cop.  Usually cop/buddy movies involve two men, but don't mistake this for a chick flick.  And the Bullock/McCarthy pairing works perfectly.  Bullock plays a know-it-all FBI Agent and McCarthy a rough around the edges Boston detective.  Hilarity ensues.

I'm not sure this movie is as funny as "Bridesmaids," but it's close.  But I do think it's definitely funnier than "Ted."



The Heat

3. 5 out of 5 stars
No treats, no drinks.  Crazy, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment