Thursday, April 3, 2014

Random Thursday

*I might have underestimated how awful the Minnesota Twins are.  I mistakenly watched the final couple innings of their loss at Chicago yesterday.  It was embarassing.

*Joe Mauer is 0-8 to start the season and has not hit a ball out of the infield.

*The Houston Astros presented Derek Jeter with some retirement gifts last night.  Cowboy boots, golf clubs, and a cowboy hat.  I suspect none of the three gifts will ever be used.  I wonder what the Twins will get him?  I would think the Minnesota pitching staff should be gift enough.

*Snow on April 3rd in Grand Forks?  Why not?  I'm not shovelling or blowing snow again.  It will have to melt because I'm not touching it.

*Reggie Tales shout out to Mike Delohery who celebrated a birthday yesterday.  Mike owned and operated the first smoke free bar in North Dakota, Dagwoods.  Still one of the best establishments ever.

*I'm still wondering why Milwaukee Brewers fans gave Ryan Braun a standing ovation on opening day.  I hope he enjoyed it.  I think it's going to be a different story on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment