Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Dad



This morning, the first of 2015, my dad will wake up in Hawaii.

Which is pretty cool because it marks the 50th state he's visited.  Yep, all 50 states.  He and my mom loved to travel and had conquered 48 of our United States when she passed away a couple of years ago.

But even at 83 years of age, I knew my dad would make it to Hawaii.  It was just a matter of which of his six kids was going to be able to coordinate the logistics of this undertaking.  Enter Bro #3 and his wife and family to pull it all together.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  my dad is pretty cool.  He's not just living life, he's attacking it.  Born on the Fourth of July in 1931, he's been on the run figuratively and literally since.

And so, dad,  as I go outside to shovel the overnight snow from my driveway in the 14 degree weather, please enjoy your time in Hawaii.  You've earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment