Friday, March 29, 2013

Some More Florida Stuff


Through the years I've take a lot of pictures of Florida Gulf Coast sunsets, but I think this is my favorite.  I took this photo at 7:15 p.m. while sitting on Fort Myers Beach.  Keep in mind I took it with my texting device/phone.  Just imagine if I had a real camera.




We took a day trip south on U.S. 41 to Naples one day during our week long stay.  What we found 15 miles south of Fort Myers was a "top three pizza" of all time at a place called Mama Mia's.  A New York Style pizza joint that has been in business in Naples for 37 years.  And this is the guy who made our pizzas.  To me, he seemed like one of those really fit, 65 year old Long Island guys.  He made the pizzas so effortlessly it seemed as if though he could have done his taxes at the same time.  It's impossible to put into words how good that pizza tasted.  

While in Naples, we made an obligatory stop at "Tin City."  I
still don't know what it is, but everyone goes there.  It appears to be a series of shops under a tin roof along a canal.  You can buy shirts with sayings on them or you can eat seafood every twenty feet at any of the restaurants.  If you can imagine five guys from Stephen walking around in a fog while being the only people there under the age of 80, well, that was our trip to Tin City.




This was our view from our deck.  Our house was literally twenty yards from the Gulf of Mexico.  And probably the whitest and nicest sand you'll ever see.  A week well spent with the best friends a guy could ever ask for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment