Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Will Toews Bring the Cup to Grand Forks?






If I had a dollar for every time I've been asked in the last two weeks if Jonathan Toews would bring the Stanley Cup to Grand Forks were he to win it again, I'd have seven dollars.

The truth is, I don't know.  I can only guess.  But I'd say the chances are better than 50% he will.  

When he won it in 2010 he rightfully brought it to his hometown of Winnipeg.  This time, the former University of North Dakota star could quite possibly bring the most storied trophy in sports to the town where he polished his NHL skills for two years.

My hockey insiders are of the opinion he will.  Just think, The Cup could once again make a trip to the World Famous Judy's!  Mike Commodore brought it there when he came to Grand Forks in August of 2006.

By the way, have you ever seen a hockey game where both teams pulled their goalie?  You might never see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment