Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Basketball Stuff

*Although it's the 11th hour of a busy tax preparing season, Jimmy From Accounting organized an NCAA Basketball Tourney pool.once again this year.  The pool consisted of 41 people picking the tournament games.  And, you guessed it...Jimmy From Accounting won his own pool.  In the tax game, an audit would be appropriate.  

*How did I do, you ask?  I finished a respectable 6th, but still out of the money not within bragging rights.

*I find it hard to believe that those were the three best basketball officials they could find last night.  The first fifteen minutes of the game they didn't call anything.  Then they started calling everything, including imaginary fouls.  It didn't make any sense.  And I thought the bad calls were evenly divided.

*I'm not quite sure we needed to see Kevin Ware 95 times last night.  I get that it's a nice story, but it went way overboard and actually started to get kind of weird.  I can imagine in a dorm room somewhere college kids were playing a game every time he was shown on TV.

*During the post game handshakes, Rick Pittino seemed quite frightened when some fireworks were set off.  He and his hair remained intact.  

*I wonder how Rick's son Richard will do as the Golden Gophers coach?

*I think Charles Barkley has the same cold I've had for the last three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment