Thursday, October 10, 2013

Random Thursday

*With the President needlessly offering his opinion on the Washington Redskins nickname, I have a feeling we are going to be subjected to all the same arguments we've already heard concerning the Fighting Sioux nickname for the last 20 years.  

*Somehow it amazes me each year how bad the umpiring is in the Major League Baseball postseason.  It's embarrassing.

*Remember when Dodgers fans wanted Don Mattingly fired at the beginning of the season?

*Look for Matt Cassel to start this Sunday and then Josh Freeman for the rest of the year.

*I've missed Breaking Bad so much that I've started watching it again from the beginning on Netflix.  I had absolutely forgotten how good some of those early episodes are.

*The Philadelphia Flyers fired their coach after three games.  Minnesota Wild coach Mike Yeo has got to be the most uncomfortable man in the NHL right now.  I've watched Minnesota's first three games and they look exactly like they did last year.  Unable to score the big goal and incapable of the big save.  

*Good luck to my Minnesota Lynx as they look to wrap up their second WNBA Championship in three years.  

*Is it just me, or did Justin Morneau look even skinnier and more malnourished in the playoffs with Pittsburgh?

*Shout out to my favorite sister celebrating her birthday today.  10/10/?.

1 comment:

  1. Remember when umpire Phil Cuzzi couldn't remember which side of the foul line was fair on Joe Mauer's hit vs. the Yankees in the 2009 playoffs?

    ReplyDelete