Friday, May 31, 2013

The Hangover Part III






The trick to enjoying "The Hangover Part III" is to lower your expectations before going to see it.

Apparently, I didn't lower them far enough.

The movie isn't very funny and it doesn't really try to be.  I never laughed out loud once.  I did a couple of courtesy laughs although I'm not sure why.

The movie is a mess as it tries to tie together the first two Hangovers and somehow make sense of a third.  The void of laughs is filled with several murders and reheated gags that fall flat.  And for some reason, Mr. Chow is given a very prominent role.  Mr. Chow is only funny in small doses.  John Goodman makes an appearance in this film but does little for it.  This movie makes "Hangover 2" feel like an Oscar winner. 

I'd say skip this movie unless you come across it for a $1 somewhere.  Then, rent it so you can complete the trilogy and you can bring some closure to your life.


The Hangover Part III

2 out of 5 stars

No popcorn, no pop, no treats whatsoever.  And no, this did not play into my feelings for this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment